1 can apple pie filling, coarsely chopped (or, cherry pie filling)
6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (adjust to taste)
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 (8 oz) pkgs of reduced-fat cream cheese, room temperature
1/3 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup water
1 tsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Combine the cream cheese, vanilla and powdered sugar until smooth.
3. Add the cinnamon and nutmeg, to the cream cheese mixture.
4. Spoon fruit evenly to cover the flat tortillas. Reserve any extra for topping.
5. Roll up tortillas and place seam side down on lightly greased hotel bun pan.
6. Meanwhile, bring the water and brown sugar to a boil in a medium sauce pan. Add the butter. Reduce heat as soon as the butter melts, and simmer, stirring constantly for 3 minutes.
7. Drizzle this sauce sparingly over tortillas; sprinkle with extra cinnamon on top if desired. Add left over fruit filling sparingly. (You don’t want the tortilla to get soggy) Bake on top rack for 40 minutes.
8. Makes 40 (8”) tortillas, which may be cut in half to yield 2 half servings per person.
Serving Suggestion: Serve hot with vanilla bean ice cream.
(LEFT:) Lea and kitchen helper Justin rolling up fruit filled tortillas.