Makes 1 & 1/8 cup
nd 1/2 cups water
3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
1/2 cup brown sugar, light or dark
1 and 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 Tbsp. water
1. Dissolve the cornstarch with the 1 Tbsp. of water in a small bowl or measuring cup. Stir until it’s smooth.
2. In a small sauce pan, combine the 1 and 1/2 cups water, butter, cinnamon, and brown sugar.
3. Bring to a low boil, then reduce heat to medium and let it simmer for a four to five minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Stir a couple spoonfuls of the hot mixture into the cornstarch mixture to temper it; then pour this back into the sauce pan and stir continually on low heat until the sauce thickens (about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes).
5. Remove from heat and put into serving vessel (or measuring cup)
Serve it warm, drizzled over a slice of fruit pie, bread pudding, or ice cream. Shown above served over a corner piece of bread pudding.