1 ½ cups corn flakes crumbs
¼ cup sugar
½ cup melted butter
2/3 cup sliced strawberries
2/3 cups sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
½ cup water
1 cup heavy cream, whipped
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Mix corn flakes crumbs and sugar together, then stir in butter
2. Line a 9 inch pie plate with mixture and press firmly into pan
3. Chill 20 minutes
4. Combine sliced strawberries, sugar, salt, and lemon juice; Chill
5. Soften gelatin in hot water for 15 minutes
6. Fold the gelatin, whipped cream, and vanilla into the strawberry mixture
7. Spread into the plate shell and chill until firm
8. Garnish with whole strawberries.
9. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving.
This is another winning recipe I submitted to the “No Cook” recipe contest back in 1966 at WDAN Radio. Larry wanted me to get some recipes in early so they could tell about some of the entries to encourage others to get their recipes in. No one knew the judges would like my recipes best!