Chilled pasta salad with a devilled egg dressing delivers that favorite sweet-sour flavor in a delightful side dish.
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 4 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1/2-3/4 cup mayonnaise, as desired
- ½ TBSP dijon mustard
- 1 tsp horseradish sauce
- 1/2 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp finely minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt (or, to taste)
- 1 dash smoked paprika
- 1 TBSP green onions or chives
- 1/8 cup cooked and crumbled bacon (optional)
- 1. Boil the eggs until the yolks are firm (5 minutes). Remove from heat and cool
- 2. Peel the eggs and separate the yolks from the whites
- 3. Chop the egg whites and set aside
- 4. Crush the yolks into a fine powder or use a wooden spoon to press them through a fine metal strainer into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, horseradish sauce, sugar, garlic, salt, and paprika to the bowl with the egg yolks. Whisk to combine.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the directions on the package
- Drain in a colander and rinse until the pasta is cool.
- Add the cool pasta to the dressing in the bowl and stir to coat the pasta.
- Add the green onions and egg whites. Stir to combine.
- Garnish with additional green onions and paprika, as desired.
NOTE: May be served immediately or refrigerated for a chilled salad