6 thick cut pork chops (1 inch)
1 Tbsp chopped onion
1/4 cup butter
3 cups fresh bread crumbs
2 cups chopped apples
1/4 cup chopped celery
2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
1/4 teaspoon salt
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large skillet sauté onion in butter or margarine until tender. Remove from heat, and add the bread crumbs, apples, celery, parsley and salt. Mix all together and set aside.
3. Cut a large pocket in the side of each pork chop; season inside and out with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon apple mixture loosely into pockets. Filling will expand during cooking.
4. In your largest skillet(s), heat oil to medium high and sear both sides of chops to a deep brown.
5. Place browned chops in an ungreased 9×13 inch baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove cover and bake for 30 minutes longer or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F. Remove from heat and allow to rest at least three minutes before serving. The temperature will continue to rise during the rest period.