4 to 6 pound skin-on turkey breast
1 Pkg Thick-Cut Hickory Smoked Bacon
¼ cup vegetable oil
2 Tbsp Savory Seasoning (optional)
2 Tbsp fresh ground pepper
Salt (optional, due to salt in bacon)
1. Preheat oven or roaster to 325 degrees F
2. Clean and rinse the turkey breast. Pat dry with paper towels
3. Place the breast on a baking rack in a 9 X 13 baking pan, or on a rack in the roaster
4. Thoroughly lubricate the skin with vegetable oil, top, sides and bottom
5. Sprinkle top and sides with ground pepper and optional seasoning (Italian, Lemon-Pepper, and Herb & Garlic are a few of our favorites)
6. Cover the breast with lattice-worked strips of thick cut bacon, pinned at the ends with toothpicks
7. Roast the breast for 2½ hours, or until an instant-read thermometer registers 165 degrees at the center of the thickest part of the breast.
8. Remove the breast from heat, cover loosely with foil and let rest 15 minutes before carving.
I use an instant-read thermometer with a wireless remote display panel that lets me see the internal temperature at any time during the cooking and resting process. I like this system because it lets me place the temperature probe precisely where it needs to be, and lets me know the status without having to open the oven door and losing all the heat. You can watch the heat rise another 8-10 degrees during the rest, which gives you a more even cook, and leaves your breast moist and juicy when served.