Jumbo pasta shells stuffed with a rich, spicy blend of cooked ground beef, cream cheese, and chili powder are baked with taco sauce and topped with cheese and sour cream.
Serves 40 (3 per serving)
10 pounds lean ground beef
7 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese
3 tablespoons salt
3 tablespoons chili powder
120 jumbo pasta shells
1 cup butter, melted
8 cups taco sauce
8 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
7 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
7 cups sour cream
2 cups chopped green onions
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
1. Brown beef over medium heat; drain. Add cream cheese, salt and chili powder; mix and simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Toss cooked shells in butter.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
4. Fill shells with beef mixture and arrange in hotel pans; pour 7 cups taco sauce over shells (reserve 1 cup). Cover with foil and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
5. Remove dish from oven and top with 7 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (reserve 1 cup) and Monterey Jack cheese; return dish to oven to cook for 15 minutes more.
6. Drizzle with remaining taco sauce, sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese, top with green onions, sour cream and cilantro; serve.
Lea Vaughn making hotel pans of Baked Pasta Beef Tacos, November 2014.