Jumbo pasta shells stuffed with a rich, spicy blend of cooked ground beef, cream cheese, and chili powder are baked with taco sauce and topped with cheese and sour cream.
Serves 4 (3 per serving)
1 lb lean ground beef
1 (8 ounce) pkg cream cheese
1 tsp salt
1 tsp chili powder
12 jumbo pasta shells
1 Tbsp butter, melted
3/4 cup taco sauce
3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
3/4 cup sour cream
1/3 cup chopped green onions
1 pinch cilantro, chopped
1. Brown beef over medium heat; drain. Add cream cheese, salt and chili powder; mix and simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Toss cooked shells in butter.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
4. Fill shells with beef mixture and arrange in hotel pans; pour 1/2 cup taco sauce over shells (reserve 1/4 cup). Cover with foil and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
5. Remove dish from oven and top with1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (reserve 1/4 cup) and Monterey Jack cheese; return dish to oven to cook for 15 minutes more.
6. Drizzle with remaining taco sauce, sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese, top with green onions, sour cream and cilantro; serve.