1 pound lean ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
1 (1 oz) package taco seasoning mix
1 (16 oz) can tomato sauce
1 cup Roma tomatoes, diced
1/2 cup fresh cilantro/parsley leaves
1 cup shredded lettuce
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (16 oz)
2 cups biscuit mix
1 cup milk
8 Tbsp sour cream
1 Tbsp butter
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees F
2. Grease a deep 9X13 pan
3. Melt butter in in 10-inch skillet. Add onion and cook uncovered until translucent, stirring frequently.
4. Add Ground beef and cook until beef is brown. Drain and discard the liquid.
5. Stir in dry seasoning mix and tomato sauce. Spoon into baking casserole.
6. Stir Bisquick mix, milk, and eggs until smooth. Pour over beef mixture.
7. Sprinkle evenly with cheese.
8. Bake about 35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before cutting. Serve with remaining ingredients.
Want this recipe for a large group? Click here.