Serves 6-8 (Shown here doubled in a 9X13 casserole)
1 Chicken or four chicken breast halves
1 medium onion, chopped
1-10 ounce package corn tortillas, cut into 1 inch squares
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
½ can Rotel tomatoes with green chilies
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1-10 ounce package shredded cheddar cheese
1. Cook one whole chicken or four chicken breast halves until done.
2. De-bone and cut chicken into small pieces.
3. Place cut up chicken into bottom of 10x10x2 baking dish.
4. Spread chopped onion over chicken.
5. Cover the onion with cut up tortilla.
6. Mix the soups together with the Rotel tomatoes, cayenne pepper, and pour over tortillas.
7. Sprinkle top with shredded cheddar.
8. Bake in 325 degree oven for 1 hour.
Larry’s sister, Jean Seabourn, gave me the original recipe for his when I lived on Kingman Drive in Indianapolis. Link was home from college for the summer and Lance had just graduated from high school. We had a house full of our favorite teenage boys that summer, including; Larry Dye, Greg Thistlethwaite, John Smallwood and Dan Teglund (our foreign exchange student from Sweden). It was a great time in our lives, and I really needed recipes that would feed a bunch. Everyone seemed to really like this! I often made it with leftover turkey.