5 ½ cups chicken, cooked and diced
8 ounces pasta of choice
1 ¼ cups onions, chopped
1 cup green pepper, chopped
3 tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons garlic salt
4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
10 ounces milk or half-and-half
Pepper, to taste
1 cup buttered bread crumbs
1. Cook the spaghetti according to package directions.
2. In a separate pan, sauté the onion and green pepper in the butter.
3. Mix together all ingredients thoroughly in a large bowl.
4. Pour into greased 9×13 inch baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 – 45 minutes until heated through.
5. Top with buttered bread crumbs the last few minutes of baking.
This is a delicious dish, easy to make, and great for a crowd. It is easier than spaghetti and meat balls, and traditionally was made with spaghetti! I have tried several different cheeses, but I think the mix we liked best is 3 cups sharp cheddar and 1 cup Velveeta. If you like this dish, be sure to also check our our Chicken Marsala, using only chicken breast tenderloins. It is also a very easy, and delicious dish to make.
Need this recipe scaled up for a large group? Click here.