4 eggs, beaten well
3/4 cup milk
1 cup biscuit mix
1/2 lb sausage, cooked and crumbled
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper (fresh peppercorns if possible)
1/2 tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp olive oil
1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, break eggs and add milk. Blend well.
3. In a separate bowl, combine sausage with sugar, garlic, brown sugar and spices. Mix well.
4. Cook the sausage in a deep frying pan. Pour off the grease and allow to reduce to room temperature.
5. Combine the sausage with the eggs, mix and pour into a greased pan.
6. Spread the cheddar cheese evenly on the top.
7. Bake about 40 minutes (or until eggs are set).
This is Larry’s recipe, which he developed during our days of operating a Bed & Breakfast in Indiana. It has always been a hit! The comforting fragrance of the Italian seasoning would fill the downstairs, and waft up the staircases to greet the guests with the warmth of home cooking.