1 lb ground beef
1 pkg Taco Seasoning Mix
3 cups Frito Corn Chips
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup red beans
3 Roma tomatoes, diced
1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
6 ounces black olives, sliced
1 bell pepper, diced
1 avocado, diced
1/4 cup green onions, diced
3/4 cup chicken stock (replaces water called for in the Taco Seasoning package instructions)
Ranch or Catalina dressing
Seasoning sides as desired: salsa, sour cream, ranch dressing, hot sauce
1. Brown the ground beef over medium-high heat until cooked through.
2. Drain off the grease and stir in the taco seasoning mix and chicken stock. Place in a serving bowl.
3. Place all other ingredients in separate bowls, and serve family style.
Midwest style assembly:
1. Place Fritos on your plate. Crumble, if desired.
2. Cover with ground beef.
3. Add all other ingredients, layer style, as desired: beans, lettuce, veggies, salsa.
4. Top with cheese, sour cream, avocado slice, salad dressing and hot sauce.
5. Oh, go ahead! Add more Fritos. You know you want to!
KACF Bible Study Dinner, April 2015.