1 cup ruby red grapefruit segments (2-3 grapefruits)
¼ cup grapefruit juice
1 tsp grapefruit zest
1 fennel bulb, trimmed
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp white wine vinegar
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
2 tsp kosher salt
¼ tsp red pepper flakes
½ tsp ground white pepper
4 (6-ounce 2½” thick) halibut steaks
1. Preheat an oven to 375 degrees
2. In a small bowl combine the grapefruit segments, juice, vinegar and zest.
3. Halve the fennel bulb lengthwise, thinly slice and add to the bowl. Add the olive oil, parsley, ½ tsp salt and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine. Set aside.
4. Place the fish steaks on a parchment paper lined half sheet pan. Sprinkle with the remaining salt and fresh ground white pepper. Bake 10-12 minutes depending on thickness of the steaks. (Fish should spring back after depressing it with tongs)
5. Plate the grapefruit & fennel relish in serving size portions, and position the steak on top. Serve immediately.