Makes 9X13 pan
1 lb of ground beef
1/2 lb ground sausage
2 (15 oz) jars of spaghetti sauce
12 oz cream cheese
1 cup sour cream
1 cup cottage cheese
6 tbsp butter, softened
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 (1 lb) pkg angel hair spaghetti
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Boil spaghetti noodles until al dente (firm) [about 6 minutes]. Drain well.
3. While the spaghetti is draining, melt and combine the butter and garlic powder in the bottom of the hot spaghetti pan.
4. Pour the spaghetti back into the hot pan, and mix to coat with the garlic butter. Set aside until ready to assemble.
5. Combine cream cheese, sour cream, cottage cheese, and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese until well blended.
6. Brown the ground meat and drain well. Combine the cooked meat with the spaghetti sauce. Adjust flavor to taste (Italian seasoning, cumin, black pepper, etc.)
1. Lightly grease 9X13 pan and pour 1/2 of the spaghetti noodles in.
2. Pour the 4 cheese mixture on top of the noodles. Spread well.
3. Place the remaining noodles and spread on top of the cheese mixture.
4. Spread the meat sauce evenly on top of the noodles.
5. Place in the oven, uncovered, for 60 minutes.
6. Remove the pan from the oven, and spread the mozzarella cheese evenly on top.
7. Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan cheese evenly on the mozzarella.
8. Return the pan to the oven, uncovered, for 30 minutes to allow the cheese to brown.
9. Remove from oven 10 minutes before service. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese evenly on top, to melt.
10. For service: Slice casserole into 12 pieces and serve warm.
Larry adjusted our traditional Million Dollar Spaghetti recipe to be a little cheesier by bringing cheddar to the party and adjusting the seasoning slightly. This is like a “beefier” version of the original, and is delicious served with homemade garlic bread and salad.