1 lb Ground beef
1/2 cup milk
1 sleeve Saltine crackers, crumbled
1 cup catsup, divided
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp celery salt
1 TBSP Parmesan cheese
1 cup brown sugar, divided
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Mix crackers, Parmesan cheese, celery salt, garlic salt until well combined
2. Stir together the hamburger, eggs, milk and catsup
4. Combine all ingredients, mix well, form a loaf in an oven proof, deep-sided, casserole dish
5. Sprinkle 1/2 cup brown sugar on top and pat down to smooth it evenly
6. Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes at 350 F
7. Meanwhile, combine 1/2 cup catsup and 1/2 brown sugar. Set aside.
8. Remove meatloaf from oven, slather the catsup and brown sugar on top.
9. Allow to rest, uncovered, 5 minutes before serving.
One of our great-nieces, Maggie McNeal, who is a breath of fresh air due to her pragmatic and tidy view of life, made this recipe once for us during a summer visit. We love her enthusiasm for adding her own touches to develop dishes that offer variety to every-day food.