2 boneless, skinned chicken breasts, butterflied and pounded out
3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
3 tbsp French fried onion rings, crumbled
1½ tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp celery salt
2 slices bacon, fried or baked crispy, crumbled
2 oz Gloucester cheese
¼ cup half and half
1 teaspon olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1. Pound out the chicken breasts to ¼ inch thickness
2. Lay breasts end to end, overlapping slightly, and pin together with toothpicks to make one long piece of breast meat
3. Combine onion rings, mustard, parmesan cheese and celery salt in a small bowl just until the mixture is moist enough to hold together.
4. Spoon the mixture onto the breasts, spreading evenly to within 1″ of edges, and roll into a log. Pin with toothpicks to keep the filling from falling out during cooking.
5. Preheat the oven or grill to 350 degrees F.
6. Brush the olive oil on the top and sides, sprinking salt and pepper to taste
7. Bake or roast approximately 30 minutes, uncovered, until juices run clear
8. Meanwhile, heat the half & half just to a slow simmer. Immediately drop in chunks of the Gloucester cheese, and stir until the cheese is melted. Do not allow this to boil.
9. Allow the roulade to cool for 10 minutes before removing the toothpicks and slicing
10. Spoon the cheese mixture over the slices. Garnish with bacon and herbs as desired