2 boneless, skinned chicken breasts
3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
3 tbsp French fried onion rings, crumbled
1½ tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp celery salt
2 slices bacon
2 oz Gloucester cheese
¼ cup half and half
1. Pound out the chicken breasts to ¼ inch thickness.
2. Combine onion rings, mustard, parmesan cheese and celery salt in a small bowl just until the mixture is moist enough to hold together.
3. Spoon half the mixture onto each of the breasts, and fold the top portion over the mixture to line up with the bottom edge. Pin with a toothpick to keep the filling from falling out during cooking.
4. Place one strip of bacon on each chicken breast.
5. Preheat the oven or grill to 350 degrees F.
6. Bake or roast approximately 30 minutes, uncovered, until juices run clear
7. Meanwhile, heat the half & half just to a slow simmer. Immediately drop in chunks of the Gloucester cheese, and stir until the cheese is melted. Do not allow this to boil.
8. Spoon the cheese mixture over the breasts. Garnish as desired