1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 1/2 cups water
1 cup raisins
1 tsp white vinegar
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp cornstarch, in a slurry
1 tsp lemon juice
1. Bring the water to a boil over medium high heat.
2. Add raisins, and reduce heat to medium low to allow the raisins to simmer and plump up (8-10 minutes)
3. Stir in the butter, lemon juice, vinegar, and brown sugar until all ingredients are combined.
4. Dissolve the cornstarch with w tablespoons of the hot water. Stir until the cornstarch is liquefied.
5. Stir continuously until the sauce thickens.
6. Serve while hot.