From the kitchen of Deb Hulechi
2 (10 oz) pkgs Oyster crackers
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 tsp Dill Weed
1/2 tsp Lemon Pepper
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1 pkg Ranch Salad Dressing Mix
1. Mix spices and Ranch dressing
2. Mix in oil until well combined
3. Stir in the oyster crackers. Mix until well coated.
4. Spread on cookie sheet to dry (or, bake in 350 F oven for 15 minutes. Toss crackers and bake for another 5 minutes to dry. Ovens vary – check after first ten minutes – do not over bake.)
5. Store in plastic container or bags.
Deb gave me this recipe when Larry and I were operating the Walton House Bed & Breakfast. She thought this would make an excellent snack for our guests, and she was absolutely right. We served them both ways, baked and unbaked, and guests loved them both. If you want to add some spice, see Kat’s spicy version of oyster crackers, and Pat’s take on spicy saltines. Both are delicious!