12 oz frozen (cooked) shrimp
4 hard boiled eggs, chopped fine
1/2 medium yellow onion
2 ribs celery, finely diced
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sugar
2 Tbsp salad mustard, adjust to taste
8 lettuce leaves (optional)
1. Thaw the shrimp according to label instructions.
2. Combine salad dressing, sugar, and mustard in a medium bowl
3. Fold in the eggs, onion, celery and shrimp
4. Spoon onto lettuce leaves, optional
5. Sprinkle with paprika, and cover and chill until time to serve
6. Serve with snack crackers
This recipe dates back to the early 1970’s when our next door neighbor, Karen, introduced us to this at a gathering of our families. It has changed little over the years, except that we have slightly reduced the amount of sugar, and added the smokey flavor of paprika to give the salad more complexity. This was first served to us with snack crackers, but the children often just filled a bowl and ate it with a spoon!