from the kitchen of Karen Flessner
12 oz frozen (cooked) shrimp
4 hard boiled eggs, chopped fine
1/2 medium yellow onion
2 ribs celery, finely diced
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup sugar
1 tbsp salad mustard (for color)
8 lettuce leaves (optional)
1. Thaw the shrimp according to label instructions.
2. Combine salad dressing, sugar, and mustard in a medium bowl
3. Fold in the eggs, onion, celery and shrimp
4. Spoon onto lettuce leaves, optional
5. Serve with snack crackers
This recipe dates back to the early 1970’s when my next door neighbor, Karen, introduced us to this at a gathering of our families. She and her husband operated a pizza franchise, and I occasionally helped them out by filling in for kitchen help that couldn’t make it in to work. The funniest story from that time involved a 25 pound bag of flour in the bowl of an unplugged commercial dough maker, and the speed switch which had inadvertently left on high. The room and I were quickly coated in a thick coat of fine white powder!
The original recipe card: