. Makes 12 servings.
2 2/3 cups coarsely chopped/crushed large pretzels
3 tablespoons sugar
¾ cup margarine
1. Cream sugar and margarine until smooth
2. Add crushed pretzels and press into bottom of 9×13 inch pan
3. Bake 10 minutes in 350 degree oven, then remove to a cooling rack
4. Meantime, cream together 1 – 8 ounce package cream cheese with a scant cup of sugar.
5. When sugar is well mixed, fold in 1 small container of Cool Whip
6. Spread mixture over cooled pretzel layer. Refrigerate.
7. Dissolve 1 large package of strawberry jello in 2 cups boiling water
8. Add 1 – 16 ounce package frozen strawberries and stir until thoroughly mixed
9. Allow jello to partially set and pour over cream cheese layer
10. Refrigerate until ready to serve
My good friend, Kay Thistlewaite, makes this for every holiday. The creamy cheese filling and strawberry jello layer, along with the crispy pretzel crust is delightful. It’s great the next day too, but I like it before the pretzels get too soggy. It is really easy to make and can be made the day before.