1 pound fresh French green beans, trimmed
2 tablespoons olive oil
¾ cup diced bell pepper (preferably orange)
1/3 cup diced poblano chile
½ cup chopped peanuts
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 ear white sweet corn, boiled, kernel cut off the cob
¾ cup diced Roma tomatoes
½ cup fresh cilantro leaves
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook beans in large pot of boiling water until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
2. Drain and transfer to a bowl of ice water to cool, drain. This can be done ahead of time.
3. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper, chile, peanuts, and cumin; sauté for 1 minute.
4. Stir in corn and beans; sauté for 1 minute.
5. Turn off heat. Add tomatoes, cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste;
6. Toss to combine. Makes 6 servings
I first made this recipe in January 2008. After having had green beans so many times during the holidays, and there actually not being that much difference from one time, to the next, I found this recipe to be quite delightful. I served the beans with a rolled pork tenderloin roulade then, but have made them a number of times since and they are delicious with a number of main dishes.