Makes 9 slices
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 (14 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 (14 ounce) can cream-style corn
1 cup sour cream
¼ cup margarine or butter, melted
1 (8½ ounce) box of Jiffy cornbread mix
1. Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
2. Meanwhile, beat the eggs in a mixing bowl.
3. Add all other wet ingredients, and mix to combine
4. Fold into the Jiffy mix and stir to moisten, letting the batter remain slightly clumpy
5. Grease a 8×8 inch square casserole dish or pan
6. Pour the mix into the baking vessel and spread to cover to the edges
7. Allow it to sit on the counter for three-five minutes to allow it to rise (slightly)
8. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the top is slightly browned and the center is firm
This is an oldie, but goodie, and actually is now listed on the Jiffy Mix recipe site! This is so simple it is fun for children to help stir together. Our youngest grandson really enjoys preparing this recipe and the delicious goodness that results from it. This recipe goes well with lots of homemade meals from chili to goulash! It doubles easily, too, to make larger batches, for bigger gatherings! I like to triple this recipe and bake it in our 14″ cast iron skillet for family get-togethers.