1 pound green beans, trimmed
6 strips of bacon, fried and crumbled
4 shallots, diced
1 clove garlic, diced
¼ cup hazelnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt
¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1/4 cup rice vinegar
¼ cup water
1. Place a large iron skillet over medium high heat. Cook bacon until crispy. Crumble, and set aside.
2. Stir in hazelnuts, stirring frequently, until well toasted (medium brown)
3. Remove from heat, place nuts in a condiment bowl, and set aside
4. Return the skillet to the heat, and add the butter
5. Stir in the shallots and garlic, and cook until the shallots are translucent
6. Add the vinegar, and stir quickly to deglaze the pan
7. Reduce the heat to medium setting
8. Add the water, green beans, salt and pepper. Cover, and cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. (Be careful of the steam when lifting the lid).
9. Remove the beans to a platter and sprinkle on the hazelnut mixture.