1 pound whole-wheat linguine
1/2 cup reduced fat ricotta cheese
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 pound French green beans, trimmed and chopped in half
1 clove garlic, diced
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly milled black pepper
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 tsp lemon zest (best to zest this right over the finished dish)
1. Boil a large pot of salted water.
2. Add the pasta and cook about 8 to 10 minutes until the pasta is al dente
3. Meanwhile, warm the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
4. Add the green beans, garlic, salt, pepper and sauté for 4 minutes. Add 1 cup of the pasta cooking liquid and continue cooking until tender, about 4 more minutes.
5. When the pasta is tender, but still firm to the bite, drain off the water.
6. Add the ricotta cheese and toss gently to combine.
7. Add the pasta with ricotta and the tomatoes to the pan with the green beans and toss to combine.
8. Transfer to a serving plate and top with lemon zest.