12 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sour cream
5 tablespoons butter, softened
1-1/4 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup minced chives, optional
2 tablespoons milk
1. Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Add potatoes; beat until light and fluffy.
3. Stir in the butter, salt, paprika, pepper (and chives if desired).
4. Spoon into a greased 2-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
5. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
6. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160 degrees at the center.
This is a restaurant process that we adopted for cooking at the church where we were serving dinner to dozens of couples who were coming to adult bible study. These potatoes come out of the oven light and fluffy, and no one will know that these were made ahead of time. It’s a great time saver when you’re trying to get multiple dishes ready for that special occasion meal.