20 very small new potatoes
1 chopped shallot
3 large mushrooms, sliced
1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
1 tbsp unsalted butter
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp chopped chives
½ cup water
2 tbsp Tone’s Brown Gravy Mix
Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
1. Heat a saucepan over medium high heat.
2. Add olive oil and then the butter, stirring until melted and mixed
3. Stir in the shallots and cook until translucent
4. Place the potatoes and mushrooms into the pan, add water, cover and cook 20 minutes or until potatoes are al dente. (Cook longer if you like them softer)
5. Remove the potatoes and mushrooms to a serving dish.
6. Stir the gravy mix into the liquid, adjusting as needed to make creamy gravy.
7. Add the potatoes and mushrooms back in, and stir until well coated.
8. Fold in the parsley.
9. Move the contents to the serving dish and sprinkle with chives, salt & pepper.
This is a great way to make new potatoes. It’s quick, and adds a lot of flavor to grilled meats. Be sure to taste the gravy before adding salt, because it is already quite salty! On the plate pictured above we served the new potatoes with a Parmesan Stuffed Chicken Breast.