Alton Brown Recipe (He’s Larry’s Kitchen Hero)
Leftover baked macaroni and cheese, refrigerated for at least overnight
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 egg, beaten with 2 ounces of water
1 cup panko bread crumbs
Oil for deep frying, preheated to 375 degrees
1. Cut refrigerated macaroni and cheese into slices or bite size pieces.
2. Season the flour with salt, pepper and cayenne.
3. Dredge each piece through the flour and gently tap off excess.
4. Dip in the egg wash and then coat with the bread crumbs and move to cooling rack for 5 minutes to allow the crust to set.
5. Very carefully lower each piece into the oil and fry until golden brown.
6. Remove to a baking sheet fitted with a cooling rack and rest for two minutes before serving.
This is yummy!