1/2 lb baby potatoes, washed
1/2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 Tbsp deli brown or Dijon mustard
1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon finely minced or pressed garlic
1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Coarsely-ground black pepper
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
2. While the water is heating, preheat your oven to 425
3. In a small mixing bowl, combine olive oil, minced garlic, parsley, mustard, and some black pepper. Set aside.
4. When the water is boiling, add the potatoes and boil for 10 minutes or until they are easily pierced with a fork. Drain, return the potatoes to the pan, and then toss with the mustard mixture.
5. Turn the potatoes out onto a greased cookie sheet or half-sheet pan
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the skins are browning and sizzling.
7. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Garnish with parsley.
This is an easy, but elegant, side dish that really pleases the eye and the taste buds. The boiling cooks them through, while the roasting gives them a crunchy skin. The parmesan cheese and mustard are a natural favor combo, and these potatoes are an excellent side to serve with any entree that would be complemented by a hint of mustard.