4 Russet Potatoes
4 Tbsp butter, quartered, room temperature
4 Tbsp Italian Dressing
4 Tbsp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp fresh ground pepper
1. Heat oven to 375°F.
2. Make 6 to 8 cuts across the top of each potato, being careful not to cut through the bottom
3. Place potatoes on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
4. Spread potato slices apart slightly. Sprinkle 1 Tbsp Italian dressing over each potato. Sprinkle with salt and pepper
5. Bake 1 hour, or until done. Time may vary depending on the type potato you are using
6. Remove from oven and spread 1 Tbsp butter over each potato, and sprinkle with cheese.
7. Allow just a few moments for the butter and cheese to begin melting, and serve immediately.
Any potato can be baked, but Russets are the classic choice for baking, fries, hash browns, potato pancakes/latkes, and they make the fluffiest mashed potatoes. If you don’t know what potatoes to use in a recipe, you’ll be safe with white potatoes such as Onaway, Elba, and Yukon Gold. These are considered all-purpose potatoes. They are creamy when baked, yet hold their texture when boiled.