Makes 12 Servings
12 small Fingerling Potatoes, sliced Hasselback style
¼ cup vegetable cooking oil
3 Tbsp butter, melted, divided
3 Tbsp Italian Dressing, divided
1/3 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded, room temperature
1/2 Tbsp kosher salt
1/2 Tbsp fresh ground pepper
12 Round toothpicks
1. Heat oven to 400°F.
2. Oil each potato thoroughly
3. Make 6 to 8 cuts across the top of each potato, being careful not to cut through the bottom
4. Place potatoes on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray and spread potato slices apart slightly to resemble unfolded fans
5. Bake 45 minutes, or until fork tender
6. Meanwhile, in a measuring cup, combine the melted butter and Italian dressing
7. Remove potatoes from oven and sprinkle with cheese, followed by the butter/dressing and fresh ground pepper
8. Allow just a few seconds for the cheese to begin melting, and serve immediately.
A nice dressing for these Hasselback potatoes is a mixture of Rice Wine Vinegar, olive oil, and spices that take the flavor in the direction you want to go. For example, you could add Italian Seasoning to take it in that direction. I recently used sesame oil instead of olive oil, with dashes of paprika, celery salt, garlic powder, savory, and cayenne pepper. Serve two or three Hasselbacks to make a delightful side dish for your entree, or stick a round toothpick in them to turn it into an appetizer!