1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
1 1⁄2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend (Mozzarella, Parmesan, Romano, Asiago, Fontina)
10 ounces prepared Alfredo sauce
1 teaspoon minced garlic
4 ounces softened cream cheese
fresh ground pepper (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine ingredients thoroughly in a bowl and spread mixture into an 8″ X 8″ baking dish
3. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cheeses are bubbling and melted.
4. Place under broiler, if desired, to brown the cheeses.
5. Serve with chips, crackers, or bread.
I like to finish mine with a slice of mozzarella cheese and a little dried parsley before baking. We first saw that done at an Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill in Noblesville, Indiana. We appreciated the eye appeal of the garnish, and the additional burst of flavor. It remains one of our favorites.