1 (2 lbs) bags Cole slaw mix*
*(Or, 1 lg head of cabbage and 1 lg carrots, shredded or grated)
5 Tbsp celery, thinly sliced
5 Tbsp sugar
8 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
1 tsp celery seed
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Clean and prepare cabbage mixture
2. Layer paper towels in bottom of a large bowl to absorb moisture from mix
3. Add the cabbage mixture and celery on top of the paper towels. Mix to combine.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until just before service.
5. Meanwhile, mix the dressing and chill until just before service. Stir several times during the chilling process to blend flavors. Adjust flavor as needed just before serving.
6. At time of service, remove plastic wrap and paper towels from the bowl.
7. Stir in the dressing, mix well, and serve immediately.
If you need to asjust the flavor to make this a little sweeter at the last minute, use honey or another liquid sweetener, as sugar will make your dressing gritty, and although it may taste great, it won’t be as pleasant to eat.