3 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
4 slices bacon, sliced in half lengthwise, then chopped
1 large shallot (or 1 small onion), diced
1/4 cup white vinegar
2 Tbsp water
3 Tbsp white sugar
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1 Tbsp fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
1. Place the diced potatoes into a pot, and fill with enough water to cover.
2. Bring to a boil, and cook for about 10 minutes, or until easily pierced.
3. Place the sliced and chopped bacon in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Stir and fry until browned and crisp. Set aside when done, leaving the drippings in the skillet.
4. Add shallots/onion to the skillet, and cook over medium heat until translucent, stirring occasionally.
5. Add vinegar, water, sugar, salt and pepper to the skillet. Bring to a boil.
6. Add potatoes and 1/2 the parsley to the boiling mixture. Crumble in half the bacon.
7. When heated through, turn off the heat, and transfer to a serving dish.
8. Crumble the remaining bacon on top, and garnish with the remaining parsley.